“Risk reduction has the potential to prevent around half of all cancers”
“Cancer research to improve the evidence base for cancer prevention and control”
CPE was established to develop world-class prevention research in Europe that can be translated into effective cancer prevention guidelines and policies
“The annual number of new cancers in Europe is projected to increase to 5.21 million by 2040, which corresponds to over 100 million new cancer patients in the next 20-25 years.”
Cracking the Future of the European Code against Cancer (ECAC) – 24 November 2022, 14:15 – 13:30 CET (Webinar)This webinar planned on 24 November 2022, co-hosted with the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), will cover the following:
• Brief overview of the EU’s work to mainstream cancer prevention
• Summary of the ECAC’s past editions, current edition, lessons learnt and impact
• Plans and progress on the development of the 5th edition of the ECAC consistent with the implementation of Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan
• Introduction to the EU Mobile App for Cancer Prevention (a flagship initiative of Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan)
• Introduction to the EU4Health project BUMPER (Boosting the usability of the EU Mobile App for Cancer Prevention)
Please register in advance here and like/share our posts on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
State-of-the-science on tobacco cessation interventions and tobacco prevention research-November 16 and 17, 2022 at INCa, FranceThis workshop aims to bring together 40 American and European researchers and experts on the topic of tobacco.
3 themes will be discussed during these two days (presentations and discussions):
-Tobacco Use and Multiple Risk Behaviors
-Health disparity/hard to reach populations – challenges and promising interventions
-Tobacco Multiple Product use.
The main focus of these days will be to identify what we know, what we don’t know, and how to fill these gaps. The final objective will be to identify research priorities and build a research roadmap.